DOVES is participating in the county wide fundraiser: Give BIG San Bernardino County. Give BIG San Bernardino County is an online giving day for the benefit of nonprofits in San Bernardino County. Give BIG San Bernardino County engages the community to raise funds and awareness for hundreds of area nonprofits.
Why give to DOVES?
Our mission is to serve as the community’s resource for ending domestic violence by: empowering and providing safety for those who are suffering physical, emotional, verbal, sexual, or financial abuse at the hands of an intimate partner; to assist other community members experiencing violence within the family; to model positive and healthy relationship choices for youth in an effort to end the generational cycle of domestic violence; and to effect a culture shift among community members regarding the use of power in relationships, through education and partnerships with the public, government and other community organizations and institutions.
We are able to do this with the services we provide:
- A 17-Bed Shelter – “Lorrie’s House” – for women and children
- Outreach Centers in Big Bear Lake and Twin Peaks
- A 24-hour Crisis Hotline
- Individual Counseling and/or Therapeutic Services for men, women, and children
- Educational Support Groups
- Legal Advocacy including restraining order assistance and court accompaniment
- Social Service Advocacy
- Hospital Emergency Room Visits
- Emergency Food and Clothing for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Supervised Visitation for non-custodial parents
- Teen Dating Violence Prevention Program at Big Bear High School
- Youth Mentoring Program
- Community Presentations and Workshop
- In 2013, we responded to 568 hotline calls. We had 3,132 counseling sessions and provided 660 hours of legal services.
When you give to DOVES, you change the lives of our clients and support the efforts of creating a non-violent future!
Visit our page to donate: http://www.razoo.com/story/Doves-Of-Big-Bear-Valley